Meg Jannott::44 Presidents

I've been blessed with a few creative talents - that I take no responsibility for. They were just part of the package at birth. They seem to be floating around in my family's gene pool in abundance, most of which are akin to a good party trick although some I've actually been able to use to turn a buck or two. And I am thankful, don't get me wrong: I am thankful, everyday, for all that I've been given. But when I'm not navel gazing and my eye is drawn to somebody else's creative gifts I dare say, sometimes, I get a little envious. Singing. I can't sing for crap. I don't even try. Writing, like, real writing - so envious of the Nora Ephron and Ann Lamottes of the world. Because, to me they're like the rockstars, you sort of fall in love with them because they're so good at expressing what you're thinking.


 Now, here's a sort of random one, graphic artists. A really good graphic artist can use shape, color and a good type to express EVERYTHING with efficiently and simplistically. I'm convinced it's the visual version of writing. This is all a very long prelude into introducing today's graphic art rock-star and get a little patriotism in to the day. Check out, Meg Jannott's series of brand each of the 44 Presidents of the United States of America. 



A few of my favorites:









"This was created as a personal project to push myself creatively while also having the determination to keep up with a series of designs.

I wanted to do something different and came up with branding the Presidents of the United States. With each one being unique, I thought that this might yield some interesting results."



Comments

Market Decor said…
Love this! Thanks - I will check out the others!

Popular Posts