mexican wedding slide show

i'm not the kind of person who has a wedding album sitting on the coffee table. i really don't even 'do' framed wedding pictures. it's just not me. but i love the visual record of the event and so, as promised, here is my wedding book share.

a few notes:
  • the flowers, came and were so completely 'no bueno'. i was given everything that i explained, i did not want: ferns, roses big hand blown vases. which meant that at the last minute i turned into freak bride and started ripping apart the arrangements screaming 'no bueno' (a nice joan crawford moment actually) and with the help of friends and family, we rebuilt something acceptable. we still had ferns and roses however, very few table arrangements and i had no bouquet. the men's orchids came shoved into one of those green water tubes. somebody, at the last minute stuck it into nick's pocket. in retrospect, we both think he could have done without.
  • that damn runner. someone was off on the length of the table. so the runner became a centerpiece. i was probably the only one who knew or even cared.
  • the wedding cake was a sad, melted, toppled over blob of fondant. and it tasted like ghetto koolade (water and sugar) which was really fine, because it arrived about 2 hours into the dinner. most people i think forgot.
  • we couldn't have had more insane weather. beautiful, breezy and warm.
  • we had whales. every 5 minutes, you'd see an enormous whale just beyond the break. it was the best whale watching i think any of us had ever experienced
  • i realize that this was my own wedding, but i have never been a part of something that was so full of love and support. our friends and family, are incredible. old friends met new friends and it became one big love fest.
  • and finally, i have to thank the guys for allowing me to dress them in pink and bow ties. you all looked quite dapper. the gals, thank YOU for rolling with the outfits, some of you never getting to try on or see them before the wedding. you were brave.
  • i'd do it all again , not changing a thing (ok, maybe i wouldn't throw a tantrum over the flowers next time. that was a little embarrassing.)

btw, i didn't intentionally add that music feature and now....i can't get it off.

Comments

Unknown said…
Everything looks so beautiful and the two of you look so happy......... Congratulation's and a big happily ever after!
Courtney said…
You look so beautiful, but even more importantly....so happy! And I'm assuming those are your little girls. They are so beautiful, Megan! Thanks so much for sharing your special day with all of us. xx
mamacita said…
Such a sweet wedding. And really, I would have gone apeshit over the flowers, too.
Pigtown*Design said…
I love the photo with the huge waves in the background. All of the pix are lovely - as are you!
cotedetexas said…
My favorite picture is at the wedding you with your arm around Delilah and Nick's arm around Charlotte !! So so sweet!!!! You looked beautiful and the setting was gorgeous! that table is to die for and I love roses so the flowers looked good to me --!!
beautiful wedding.
Joni
Amanda said…
Your dress is totally boobalicious! The photos are awesome! Congrats!
Anonymous said…
What a stunning bride you were. And everything looked beautiful. Mazol Tov.
Mrs. Blandings said…
Fabulous - knew it would be. And the girls are so darling.
SGM said…
So beautiful! I also loved the crashing waves photo. Also--the bow ties! Your dress! Those little girls! Lovely.
crabapple said…
A beautiful wedding, looks like you will have beautiful memories, always. You looked gorgeous in your dress.
Anonymous said…
Such a gorgeous wedding and a STUNNING bride! The decor looked absolutely perfect and the guests, full of love!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
72 and sunny said…
thank you. it was really an amazing and fun little wedding. the flowers and cake were a bit sad! but in the end, who cares. it was about the ceremony and the support by all of our friends and family.
katiedid said…
Flowers Schmowlers. You pulled it off with great style. I love all of the green touches, and with the beautiful candlelight everything looked wonderful. Especially you! My brother's cake fell on the floor right before his wedding and my mom had to cover the smashed side with paper napkins.....it is one of the most nostagicly (sic?) funny things we remember.I bet you will remember the funny stuff with a smile too.
Decorno said…
ANON, pardon my French, but you're a total douchebag.
casacaudill said…
Congratulations on your beautiful wedding! (Followed you from More Ways to Waste Time.)

What is it about destination weddings and "no bueno" flowers? I had dead roses with plastic bows. Seems that's the standard. And yes, six years later I remember. :)
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
72 and sunny said…
wisconsin - thank you. you're a gem.
good karma is coming your way.

casa: i laughed at the mention of plastic bows. that cracked me up.

thank you both for adding a little positive to this, very strange, comment board.

group hug. (with a little back kick to anon who has been spanked and sent on her way for not playing nicely with others. go take a nap)
Pink Wallpaper said…
it looked beautiful...i love how the slideshow flickered like an old movie.
city pretties said…
I think it's revealing that Anon came back to correct her typo. That always says a lot about a person's insecurity and feelings of inadequacy. I've seen it for years on the internet in all sorts of fora.

BUT, that's not why I'm commenting. I thought everything was splendid, Megan! Deirdre said it was so beautiful and didn't even scold me for not being there (she never would, heart-of-gold that she is). The table runner looked perfect - I have no idea what was wrong with it. You were gorgeous, Nick was gorgeous, hell, the whole fam damily was gorgeous!

I'm really happy for you and Nick and the girls and the doggies too. Milo's sure he knows something great happened, but he's going to take a nap now.

The pictures and the slideshow are perfect. I'm sorry it didn't all happen exactly as you wanted it to, but, as my beloved husband's grandmother used to say, we make plans and God laughs.

Mazel tov to you and there's a lot to envy about your life. Isn't it wonderful that people are happy for you? We are.

xoxo
Becky
Richie Designs said…
Anon -you are just jealous. get over it.

-----
I always cry at weddings...I teared up even though I don't know you. so sweet. you look beautiful
Anonymous said…
I'm glad the crew are back to the positive reviews -- as especially now, this post and its comments ought to continue the love parade!

I also have to say that I had been very much looking forward to this past, and I'm so glad that you shared it with us! After watching my sister with her wedding, I figure a)only you will notice the little details gone awry and b) those are the momments that are worth the laugh later. Right? Riiiight? But so is the life of those who design for a living. :)

However, I am so glad that those near and dear to you were able to share in the lovefest. You looked gorgeous and my goodness your daughers are beautiful! We all know what a riot you and Nick had in Italy, and now its time to unwind, and get ready for that new super-sized bed.
Style Court said…
Oh Megan, I've been waiting for this! Just so lovely! Thanks for letting us peek.
JJ said…
Megan, I love your wedding. It made me tear up a little. Would you email me the name of the place you went? I am looking for a nice little quiet Mexican wedding spot (where I can bring my own flowers!)
72 and sunny said…
jj not sure if you'll get this, but email me. i have loads of info for you!

thank you for the sweet comment too!

Popular Posts